Free Beats















The Weeknd Calls Next Leap In Career “nerve-racking”

The Weeknd remains one of the most popular artists in the world but he’s going to grab the limelight on the TV side as well with his new show The Idol very soon.

In anticipation of the HBO series which debuts Sunday, June 4 at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT, the singer-actor has done a new interview with Vanity Fair where he discusses the show, the controversies around it, the next chapter in his career and more.

Interestingly, when discussing about the leap in his career from here on, Abel acknowledges some apprehension and says it’s “nerve-racking.” This intrigues us as recently in an interview with W magazine, he said: “the album I’m working on now is probably my last hurrah as The Weeknd. This is something that I have to do. As The Weeknd, I’ve said everything I can say.”

The superstar singer also added that his “music was very cult-y in the beginning” and “and then it ended up bleeding into the mainstream, which then became the sound of mainstream.”

“There’s a lot of musicians that are not as famous that can fucking outdance and outsing me for sure. But they can’t do what I do as The Weeknd,” he said. “I don’t blame people, because if I was them, I’d be betting on Beyoncé too. I’m not gonna bet on me.”

Abel discussed some of his influences growing up as well: “It’s a new generation of angsty teens discovering all the dark music like when I was 14,” he said. “Kurt Cobain, Wu-Tang, and all these songs that as a kid I probably shouldn’t be listening to, and 50 Cent. This f**king dark and amazing escape.”

The artist doesn’t believe in explaining his songs beyond a point. “It’s adult music,” he said. “It’s not for the faint of heart. It’s R-rated music. I’m not responsible for how someone feels about my music. There were things in that description that have nothing to do with my persona at all. I don’t do anything,” he said. “I’m at home with my dog and my close friends and my family. I get myself out of trouble as much as I can. I try not to stay at the party too long, I’m not that guy.”

The post The Weeknd Calls Next Leap In Career "nerve-racking" first appeared on HipHop-N-More.



source https://hiphop-n-more.com/2023/05/the-weeknd-calls-next-leap-in-career-nerve-racking/

Comments